- Cod wrapped with prosciutto, baked for 15 minutes at 180C
- salmon crustless quiche
- one cooked salmon fillet portion
- four eggs
- sour cream
- 50g flour
- frozen chopped spring onions
- mix in bowl
- egg spoon of dried dill
- oven for 25 minutes - brown earthenware dish
- next time could try adding spinach, leave out dill
- cooked lamb sausages: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/french-lentils-with-sauteed-vegetables-lamb-sausage
- roasted peppers:
- rice - long grain
- veg stock
- english peas
- frozen spinach cubes
- sweetcorn - freeze leftover
- tomato puree
- chilli flakes - not too much
- cover with foil
- Lamb sausages: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/french-lentils-with-sauteed-vegetables-lamb-sausage
- Ranch: 75ml milk, 3tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp dill, 1/2 clove crushed garlic, chives, salt
- Cobb salad: lettuce, bacon, chicken, avo, tomatoes
- lunch: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/bistecca-alla-florentine-with-balsamic-rosemary-steak-sauce-and-grilled-treviso-with-gorgonzola-recipe.html
- dinner: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/2871-broiled-swordfish-steak-with-rosemary
- Cod wrapped with three pieces of prosciutto, baked for 15 minutes at 180C
- We ate Grilled tuna with parsley salad for dinner, it worked well.
- Made with 1 tsp of capers instead of 1 tbsp, next time use full amount.
- If using bag of olives, do them all.
- Other quantities correct.
- Camargue Red Rice
- Lunch was: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/apr/19/how-to-make-perfect-potato-salad + gherkins + cooked sausage
- lunch idea to go with cold sausage: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/75604/classic-potato-salad
- lunch idea: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2628/chorizo-and-chickpea-soup
- might buy a jar of roasted peppers: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4628/chickpea-and-roasted-pepper-salad
- brunch sometime: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipe/spanish-eggs-chorizo-peppers
- similar, but for dinner: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1959651/potato-pepper-and-chorizo-stew-with-fried-eggs
- lunch idea: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/461640/patatas-bravas-with-chorizo
- dinner idea, lamb mince: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1254/baked-potato-with-cheesy-mince
- make cooked minced beef and freeze: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1553/multi-mince
- beef pie: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2257637/minced-beef-pie-and-minty-mushy-peas
- less cumin next time
Warm chickpea salad: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1804/warm-chickpea-salad
* Recipes serves four, works well for two. One one can of chickpeas. Next time might double the feta. * Red onion was cut into eight wedges, that fell apart. Maybe cut into 8 wedges, but keep the bottom so they stay as wedges.
Sicilian spaghetti with fried egg
* Try without Jane, or when she is eating spaghetti again * <http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sicillian_spaghetti_with_49512> * Uses up some gherkins
* For work on Monday: Chicken + Gherkins + Cheese - cheddar or Mozzarella * Maybe mustard instead of cheese
Lunch idea: potato salad with gherkins
* Need spring onions * Potatoes, red wine vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise, spring onions, parsley, gherkins
Lunch idea: cottage cheese and red pepper sandwich
* http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2554636/open-cottage-cheese-and-pepper-sandwich * 140g cottage cheese, 1/2 red pepper (thinly sliced), basil leaves (?), balsamic vinegar * layer cottage cheese and red peppers in a cointainer, take to work
- Food idea: Alfredo sauce
- Food ideas: Cheesy Broccoli Pasta grill
- Apple crumble
- Chicken curry
- Smoked salmon & pea frittata:
- Salmon with salsa verde:
- No-fuss ham & crème fraîche tart
- Chicken & chorizo jambalaya
- Mexican beef chilli
- serves 15!
- five cans of beans
- Chilli cheese omelette
- would need to buy: spring onion and coriander
- Idea: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2972674/sausage-and-stuffing-toadinthehole-with-onion-grav
- Monday: Sausage recipe. Tuesday: Chicken curry
- leftover chicken + cabbage + pasta
- Pluses as a source of protein: soybean, lentil, kidney bean, white bean, mung bean, chickpea, cowpea, lima bean, pigeon pea, lupine, wing bean, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashew, pecan, walnuts, cotton seed, pumpkin seed, sesame seed, sunflower seed
- Protein ideas: applegate smoked Turkey
- Shopping list: Foil, mushroom, Applegate Sunday bacon, Applegate smoked turkey, pasta shapes, chopped tomatoes, red onion, minced beef, fruit yog
- Meal ideas:
- Chicken: Roast chicken. Chicken mirepoix. Chicken curry.
- Pork: Sausages and mash.
- Lamb: Lamb chops. Lamb shanks.
- Beef: Roast beef. Burgers.
- Fish: Poached salmon. Tuna kedgeree. Fish pie.
- Dinner: steak, boiled potatoes, carrots and sprouts. Didn't cook enough sprouts.
- Food prices: http://www.amazon.com/Arrowhead-Mills-Puffed-Rice-6-Ounce/dp/B000EVQ0NQ $14.79 for 12 bags = $1.24 each or $2 each in Haight Street Market
- Dinner: Chicken dish, out of stock and bay leaves, wasn't so great.
- Made bread, collapsed in the middle. I had warmed the water in the microwave. Maybe need to try different sugar.
- Food ideas:
- Pork loins wrapped in bacon
- Jane wants smoked mackerel: done
- Make Panna Cotta
- Sunday lunch: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4794/parsnip-and-potato-rosti
- Worked well, but didn't need the parsnip. Next time make with just potato.
- Poached egg: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/20/delia-smith-poached-eggs-recipe
- Next time add more water or flip the eggs to cook the top.
2011-01-13: To try
- http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Chicken_Avgolemono.aspx - Greek egg-and-lemon soup
- http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Chicken_with_Wild_Mushrooms.aspx Chicken + Mushroom + Wild rice + Yogurt
2008-07-26: Made Cod fish cakes from a Waitrose recipe.
Ideas for unused grated lemon:
- Risotto with Baby Leaf Greens and Lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 large us onion chopped or 2 small onions
- olive oil
2 tins tuna
- hard boil eggs
- chop onion, fry in oil and butter
- take labels off cans
- open and drain, in sink
- add to onions in fry pan
- heat gentley to warm up
- peel eggs
- cut up eggs
- drain rice
- add rice to fry pan mix with onion and tuna
- add salt and pepper and a bit more butter juice of half a lemon
- finally mix in eggs gentley, no completely mushed
- serve with remaining lemon